Director, Recreation Center
Lisa was born and raised in Western Pennsylvania, but emphatically states, “I a not a yinzer!” She grew up in Jamestown, near Pymatuning Lake, north of where Pittsburgh-eeze is spoken.
After graduating from Penn State University in 1987, she married Don and worked in the asbestos testing field until Allison was born in 1988. A new job for Don in 1990 brought us to New Castle, where he grew up on the Rodgers Pine Hill Farm. Lisa’s first career was that of dedicated mother, ensuring that their daughter became a confident, successful young woman.
She feels blessed to work with wonderful people at FPC as the Director of The Recreation Center and as an Office Assistant. My favorite part of every week is knitting with the ladies on Monday morning!
- Ice Cream-Anything with Peanutbutter
- Movie-It’s a Tie! The Sound of Music (the Julie Andrews version, of course) and Fiddler on the Roof
- Musical Group or Band-I don’t really have a favorite band, I like all genre’s of music except for country music
- Pastime-Knitting, reading, and playing the clarinet with the New Castle Community Band. I also have a “Mr. Potato Head” collection
- Pet Peeve-Telemarketers, especially from our daughter’s college. I think we’ve given them enough money already?
Janice began work at FPC in 1996 when her daughter Alexis was in 7th grade. Alexis recently completed a fellowship in high risk pregnancies at Hershey Medical Center this summer. (Janice has been here a long time.)
Janice received degrees from Slippery Rock State College and Temple University. She studied Organizational Communication and worked in sales and publishing and lived in the Philadelphia area and Florida before moving back to New Castle and joining the FPC staff.
Janice, and husband, Jerry love the home they built in the country(she pulled the wires; he did the plumbing) and enjoy watching God’s creatures in their yard and pond. She is a new grandma. So if you have three hours, she’ll show you a few photos. Janice is an AVID Pittsburgh Penguins fan, and a self-proclaimed ambassador for hockey referring to it as a hard-hitting, yet elegant game.
- Ice Cream-Maple Walnut (The kind I get on vacation in Buckhorn, ON, CANADA)
- Movie–With Honors
- Musical Group or Band-Ben Folds Five
- Pastime-Spending time with family and friends, cooking, watching the Pittsburgh Penguins
- What I wanted to be when I grew up-A football player which evolved into an NFL Coach