FPC Ministry and Support Staff
Pastor Vogeley….or “Rick” is a native of Pittsburgh, PA. He received his B.A. Degree from Grove City College, PA. in 1968, and his Master of Divinity Degree from Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary, Lou. KY in 1971. He was ordained to full time ministry at his home church, Hebron Presbyterian, Pgh. PA in 1971. He went on to earn a Doctor of Ministry Degree from Luther Rice Theological Seminary, Atlanta, GA in 1979.
Rick has served several churches in his 45 years of ministry: Clen-Moore Presbyterian Church in New Castle, PA; Glenshaw Presbyterian Church in Pittsburgh, PA; Edgcumbe Presbyterian Church in St. Paul, Minnesota; First Presbyterian Church in Kenosha, Wisconsin; First Presbyterian Church in Mt. Vernon, Ohio; First Presbyterian Church in Bradenton, Florida; First Presbyterian Church in Springdale, Arkansas; Tawas Area Presbyterian Church in East Tawas, Michigan; Bethany Presbyterian Church in Mercer, PA; and most recently New Wilmington Presbyterian in New Wilmington, PA.
Rick has always been active in the Presbyteries in which he has served and also in the local Clergy Associations. He has served on the Board of Trustees of Carroll College, in Waukesha, WI, the Church College Council of Montreat College in NC, and on the Board of Trustees of Lyon College in Batesville, AR.
Rick is married to the former Patricia Allen of Grove City, PA. Patty graduated from Grove City College ‘67 and the University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Education. Patty is a former Director of Christian Education in Allen Park, Michigan and New Castle, PA, where Rick and Patty were married in1972. She is also a church musician playing the organ and piano and directing choirs at various churches in the communities Rick has served.
She and Rick were licensed by the states of Minnesota and Wisconsin, as Foster Parents of newborn babies, where they had charge of over 20 new born infants over a period of years.
They have retired back in Patty’s hometown of Grove City, and have enjoyed being close to their Alma Mater. Rick enjoys golf, swimming, biking, photography, and both enjoy traveling all over the country to see relatives.
- Ice Cream-No Ice Cream…rather donuts and pies!
- Movie–Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
- Musical Group or Band-ABBA, The Cowsills, Anne Murray
- Pastime-Biking, swimming, golfing, photography
- Pet Peeve-Repetitious TVcommercials
- What I wanted to be when I grew up-A lumberjack
Director, Youth Ministries
Brett is a native of Bay Village, Ohio, a suburb of Cleveland. Along with his parents who still live in Bay Village, he has a sister, Megan who is 10.5 years younger and lives in San Francisco, CA with her husband, Daniel. It is because of Brett’s Dad and grandfathers that he has a love for all the Cleveland sports teams.
Brett has been in full-time ministry since 1998. He served churches in Canton, OH and Pittsburgh, PA before coming to First Presbyterian in 2008.
Brett and his wife Julie were married in 2002. Julie teaches Kindergarten in Warren, OH. They have a 7 year old beagle named Baxter who is their pride and joy. In February of 2014, their nephews, Kalifornia and Colorado came to live with them and have added a lot of laughter and busyness into their home! In addition to working at First Presbyterian, Brett is the Director of LCYM (Lawrence County Youth Ministries), an amazing organization that exists to introduce teenagers to Jesus Christ.
- Ice Cream-Pralines & Cream
- Movie–Plains, Trains and Automobiles
- Musical Group or Band-Maynard Ferguson
- Pastime-Golfing and boating
- Pet Peeve-People using words that aren’t really words!
- What I wanted to be when I grew up-Pro-Baseball Player or Astronaut
Director, Recreation Center
Lisa was born and raised in Western Pennsylvania, but emphatically states, “I a not a yinzer!” She grew up in Jamestown, near Pymatuning Lake, north of where Pittsburgh-eeze is spoken.
After graduating from Penn State University in 1987, she married Don and worked in the asbestos testing field until Allison was born in 1988. A new job for Don in 1990 brought us to New Castle, where he grew up on the Rodgers Pine Hill Farm. Lisa’s first career was that of dedicated mother, ensuring that their daughter became a confident, successful young woman.
She feels blessed to work with wonderful people at FPC as the Director of The Recreation Center and as an Office Assistant. My favorite part of every week is knitting with the ladies on Monday morning!
- Ice Cream-Anything with Peanutbutter
- Movie-It’s a Tie! The Sound of Music (the Julie Andrews version, of course) and Fiddler on the Roof
- Musical Group or Band-I don’t really have a favorite band, I like all genre’s of music except for country music
- Pastime-Knitting, reading, and playing the clarinet with the New Castle Community Band. I also have a “Mr. Potato Head” collection
- Pet Peeve-Telemarketers, especially from our daughter’s college. I think we’ve given them enough money already?
Janice began work at FPC in 1996 when her daughter Alexis was in 7th grade. Alexis will complete a fellowship in high risk pregnancies at Hershey Medical Center this summer. (Janice has been here a long time.)
Janice received degrees from Slippery Rock State College and Temple University. She studied Organizational Communication and worked in sales and publishing and lived in the Philadelphia area and Florida before moving back to New Castle and joining the FPC staff.
Janice, and husband, Jerry love the home they built in the country(she pulled the wires; he did the plumbing) and enjoy watching God’s creatures in their yard and pond. Janice is frequently seen on the stage at the New Castle Playhouse where she serves as the secretary on the Board of Directors. She is an AVID Pittsburgh Penguins fan, and a self-proclaimed ambassador for hockey referring to it as a hard-hitting, yet elegant game.
- Ice Cream-Maple Walnut (The kind I get on vacation in Buckhorn, ON, CANADA)
- Movie–With Honors
- Musical Group or Band-Ben Folds Five
- Pastime-Spending time with family, cooking, watching the Pittsburgh Penguins, performing at the New Castle Playhouse
- Pet Peeve-Pot Holes
- What I wanted to be when I grew up-A football player which evolved into an NFL Coach